1) TWO days off from work
2) We almost never work Thanksgiving (because we are happy to take Christmas)
3) Lovely excuse to spend lots of time just hanging out with family
4) Pie. Is freaking delicious. (Pumpkin + pecan are my faves, just the classics please. And a generous helping of homemade whipped cream on top)
5) Typically coincides with excellent weather in MIA. I believe the first Thanksgiving I spent down here was in 2003. So I am used to the holiday not being cold/crisp but it's usually sunny, breezy, and mid-70s. AKA perfect.
6) Love the excuse to to reflect on things we are thankful for. I am going to help Annabel write a gratitude list this year, too.
On an administrative note, I am excited that you're excited about upcoming planner posts. I have mostly gotten my 2017 Hobonichi set up, and I will definitely share how I plan to use it. I'll try to take some pix this weekend of my 2016 Hobonichi + my accompanying mini-GTD-inspired-bullet-journal, because these two components make up my current system that I've been really happy with for the last year. Plus I have gotten some lovely ideas from other bullet journalists (mostly on Instagram) that I am excited to try out.
Albums of the Day:
(we'll see how long this lasts, but right now it's very fun!):
11.22.16 - AURORA, All My Demons Greeting Me As A Friend - loved her voice and liked the album. I didn't find it super cohesive but really enjoyed many of the songs (and seriously, her voice is amazing!). I felt like she is sort of a hybrid between Florence and the Machine and GRIMES (and I love GRIMES).
11.23.16 - Bon Iver, 22, A Million - this album got a negative review on Sound Opinions. But my opinion matters more to me, and I loved it! I can't wait to listen to it again. I found it creative and ethereal and just gorgeous.
Last Week's Workouts:
It was a very lame week fitness-wise. Honestly I think I was exhausted after the prior week of call and just needed rest.
M - nada
T - barre3 weekly workout (and a male coach for once! He was great, too. Guys - barre is not just for women :) )
W - 5 mi, 3 at relaxed tempo (warmup mile 10:15/mi, mi 1 9:07, miles 2-3 9:22/mi, cooldown mile 11:06)
R - nada
F - nada
S - 9 mi run along beach (that was nice) 9:50/mi
S - nada
Blog posts & podcasts of note:
✔︎ This post (and one of the Note to Self podcasts I linked to previously) inspired me to start the album-listening experiment/project. (Also because music makes me happy and I don't listen to enough of it!)
✔︎ The play/space ratio. Yep, totally get it.
✔︎ If you need meal plan inspiration, Brittany's weekly posts are my favorite.
✔︎ My friend Sue's beautiful post about her decision to homeschool her oldest boy.
✔︎ Gretchen Rubin and Anoush Zomorodi together!?!?!? Amazing!!
Today's plans and my current time-ladder style
(currently C Nap is underway and Annabel is engrossed in stickers . . .)
Seriously this was the biggest iguana I have ever seen. Just had to share.