[alternate title #2: next time i'll shower first]
every morning before writing my own post, i peruse my reader to see what went on overnight. sometimes this just buys me time for my morning caffeine to hit so that i can think coherently, but often i'll get an idea from someone else's post. usually it's a tangential idea - i'm not into stealing others' concepts or verbiage, of course!
this morning, though, i'm going to be a total copycat. thank you, lee + caitlin!
if you removed all titles/proper names/regional clues, i have no doubt that i could recognize the writing styles of many of my favorite bloggers (i guess the caps-phobic writing would be a pretty dead giveaway in my case, huh?). without realizing it, i think i've given many of them distinctive 'voices' in my head (in the non-psychiatric sense) -- and yet in many cases I'VE NEVER HEARD THAT PERSON SAY A THING!
well, just in case anyone was ever wondering what my voice and accent sound like, i thought i would play along. don't worry, i won't be insulted if you don't watch the whole thing -- it's not super-exciting. but if you're like me and curious what other people sound like, enjoy!
and here are the questions:
* What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
* What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
* What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
* What do you call gym shoes?
* What do you say to address a group of people?
* What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped
* body and extremely long legs?
* What do you call your grandparents?
* What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry
* groceries at the supermarket?
* What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
* What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
i'm on vacation!!!!!!!!
thank heavens, because i really feel like i need it. today i plan on cleaning/sanitizing our house and keeping my immune system in TURBOCHARGE gear because i do not want to catch the flu from josh. we've been lying low and watching things like this:
[vickie, as always, your recommendation hit the sweet spot.]
question for you: what is your accent? take this quiz to find out, if you like . . . it was very accurate for me!
and what's your FAVORITE accent? i have to say that i love a refined southern drawl (josh doesn't have one, but born in NC he can pull off a "y'all" more convincingly than i can!).
workout: nada. i needed a full day to recover from girl talk!!
sick husband + friday laziness =