the best view-from-above shot, that is.
because not everything is coming up roses. for example, i could have done without several souvenirs i accidentally brought home from FL, including:
- 3 mosquito bites (in #*@&! november? yeah, i guess so.)
- a raging case of conjunctivitis
- an attitude (sorry, josh!)
i'm happy to report that at least #3 is improving.
complaining into the internet is lame, so i would rather dedicate the rest of today's post to fulfilling heather's desert island request from last week! the lovely lady presented these 7 thought-provoking questions to 7 chosen desert island friends (quite an honor!). here are my answers . . . just a week late.
1. Why did you start your blog?
back in 2004, i was in medical school, and against my will i was sent to a small town outside of lumberton to do an outpatient pediatrics rotation. i thought starting a website to chronicle the experience would be a fun diversion, and i named my site "lost and all alone." things have changed a lot since then . . . hopefully for the better?
2. If you had any physical ability in the world, what race or event would you do?
i would be an olympic gymnast! i always wanted to fly around like that, but never could get past the back handspring (and now i can't even do those anymore -- at least without fracturing anything).
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
honestly, i'd probably stay HERE! i really love chapel hill and the triangle in general. i am happy about our plans to eventually settle in miami beach, though, too.
4. What would you do with a million dollars? You are not allowed to save it or pass it out to all your friends.
first, i would go shopping -- what not to wear style! then i would organize a big family trip somewhere -- or perhaps buy a vacation property somewhere so that a trip could be hosted annually. then, i would give nice healthy chunks to family members that need it. finally, i would buy a beautiful house in miami beach and fill it with sleek and modern furniture. and THEN -- i would definitely be out of money. sigh.
5. What would you do if you played hooky from work/school for a week?
i would go completely apartment therapy on our little space, and i would relax and read books and watch movies and work out. ahhh, i'm just going to have to do a compressed version over the next two days . . .
6. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
7. You get to spend the day with a famous person. Who would it be & why?
i think it would be really interesting to meet haruki murakami, and get him to expound on the secret meanings within the wind-up bird chronicle. or ooh, perhaps gretchen rubin! it would be fun to have her over for dinner. we could talk, umm . . . happiness.
all right! now i get to pick 7 of you to join ME on a desert island romp.
diana, aimée, jess, chelsea, lin, allie, and meg, will you join me?
your questions are as follows:
1. which would you rather have: the ability to fly, or the power of invisibility?
2. what was your favorite dish at thanksgiving this year?
3. what is your favorite movie of all time?
4. if you could have an all-expenses paid trip anywhere, where would you go? (no fair saying 'a trip around the world!')
5. describe your favorite pair of shoes ever (mine = ridiculous red high tops i owned sometime during the late-80s)
6. no internet or no TV: which would you pick?
7. what is your favorite season? (for bonus points (coconuts? bananas? whatever is available on our island), rank all 4 in order!)
have fun! and pass it on, because sometimes there are days like these when a meme is just the thing. of course, anyone else reading this can feel free to jump in as well.
workout: 47 minute run in the miami heat. i have no idea how far (i need to replace the batteries and recalibrate my polar). josh kept saying it wasn't that bad but my purple face suggested otherwise.