i'm feeling somewhat uninspired tonight . . . i'm just such a morning blogger, but today i was asleep between the hours of 9 am and 5:30 pm. it's going to be a rude awakening (literally) getting in sync with the rest of the world!
looking at my statcounter data led me to look at a few old posts (someone was having a field day in my archives! that makes me feel so good!). browsing my old links, i got a kick out of seeing my answers to this simple meme from 4 years ago. some of my answers would change today, while many would remain the same . . .
one of things i love about blogging is having the opportunity to 'see' the old me and how i've changed. here's what i wrote, with some updated commentary in italics:
seven things i plan to do before i die:
1. get married (this will be an easy one!) check
2. raise 3 children i'm not as rigid about the #3 anymore, but still sounds nice . . . and i know i need to get crackin'
3. settle into a fulfilling, rewarding, and engaging career
4. write a book
5. go to iceland, japan, and australia among other places
6. qualify for and run the boston marathon (not as super-high priority as the other things on this list, but it would be nice) still would be fun, but i'm not sure i care as much anymore
7. find the meaning of life (or my own version of it) nothing like aiming high!
seven things i can do:
1. make fantastic muffins and more!
2. type very quickly
4. stay focused on one thing for a long time
5. read magazines, watch tv, and listen to my iPod, all while running on the treadmill
7. wake up early and be functional
seven things i can't do:
1. navigate my way anywhere without preplanned directions
3. see without my contacts
4. live without my morning coffee
5. a pull-up (maybe someday)
7. stay up late and be functional although i've learned to suck it up and just do the best i can
seven things that attract me to people (ie, how i knew i would marry josh after like a month of dating him): awww, cute . . . and i'm happy to report, still all true
2. value of family
3. ability to understand me
4. just generally finding them fascinating
5. beautiful eyes
6. taste in music/movies/food
7. the way i feel when we are lying next to each other
seven things i say most:
3. "i'm so nervous about . . ."
4. "where ARE we?"
7. "let's go, we're late!"
seven celebrity crushes:
2. matt damon
4. jesse metcalfe
6. ben folds
oh, and also?