hi. so yeah. i'm back and all that. i'm torn, because i feel like it's lame to open with the typical rundown of the last couple of months. i mean, if anyone cares, they probably already know the major events (of which there are few). but part of the reason i write this blog is so that hopefully in 10 years i can look back on it and say, 'hey, i guess i had a pretty nice life back then in 2005!'. or maybe i'll look back on it and think about how everyone acted so silly back then (kind of how the 70s seem to me now). anyway, for completeness, and because i don't really care how big of a cliche i really am, here it comes: a rundown of the last 1.5 months . . .
* i did a microarray. i found some interesting targets. in the next couple of weeks, i'm either going to be really excited (if things work) or really sad (if they don't).
* i attempted to submit an abstract to this meeting, but my PI wouldn't let me send it (incomplete story, he says!? what, does he expect a COMPLETE story from me at this point?).
* but i can't complain, because he said i could go anyway! i'm excited, because it looks actually very intestering and also because i've never been to that part of the country before. of course, i could have been even luckier (like my lovely friend the organic chemistry genius who is getting to go to HAWAII and LONDON for her meetings), but it definitely could have been worse (held in new jersey, for example).**
* i survived my 2nd marathon! i ran philadelphia on november 20th and finished in 3:56:53, or 5 minutes faster than my first. however, i am dismayed to report that this actually felt 50 times more difficult than the first. josh ran the last 6 miles with me and said i was acting like i was in labor. i can only hope that labor is not quite as bad.
* so of course now i want to run ANOTHER marathon, and now i want to beat the philadelphia time. josh, siobhan (my best running-friend), and i are planning to do the nashville country music marathon at the end of april. i plan on turning up my iPod so that i don't have to hear the country, though.
other assorted stuff:
* i've seen a lot of movies that i liked over the last couple of months. these include:
- broken flowers
- me and you and everyone we know (on video)
- harry potter
- sleeper (old school woody allen . . . on video)
- happy endings (on video)
* i just got over a disgusting cold
* which i then gave to josh
* thanksgiving was a crazy cross-family affair in miami. it was fun, as was our caribbean themed miami engagement party: we even had a conga line.
i think that's about it. i'll try not to get so behind again, but no promises.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
** i'm usually actually one of jersey's biggest defenders. i think the shore is highly underrated! but not in february.