life has been a little crazy lately. this weekend we had Parental Invasion #1 (to be continued next weekend, of course, with P.I. #2). it was fun: we did a lot of wedding-planning activities. we determined . . .
* the location of the rehearsal dinner
* hotels for people to stay at
* plans for people to be bussed between durham and chapel hill
* some thematic ideas (to be expanded during P.I. #2)
* the location for our honeymoon! we had wanted to go to australia, because we were thinking 'exotic! exciting!' but realized while reading guidebooks that it would be cold, which conflicts with our need to be motionless on a warm beach for part of the trip. so, we came up with greece (concentrating on athens & the islands) which should satisfy our need to explore somewhere really exciting AND our need to lie around in the sun. basically, i want to go right now.