- camp show Friday afternoon - A's class danced to Katy Perry's ROAR. It was awesome (and necessitated a half-day of work, also awesome)
- kids sleeping past 7:30 AM both days (hoorah!)
- a run (w/ stroller) to the beach
- really good takeout pizza from Harry's
- community theater! We took both kids to The Little Mermaid at PPTOPA and the show surpassed my expectations. Seriously! A loved it and sat through 3 hrs (including an intermission) completely rapt. C lasted 20 minutes.
- ballet school open house event at Miami City Ballet.
- playdate/dinner featuring cheesy lasagna, rosé, salad, and cookies. Can't go wrong there. 4 kids really are easier than 2 when they play together in (CUTE) pairs.
Seriously, I feel like we did so much. What I did not do was my weekly / monthly reviews. But hopefully tonight I can catch up.
I did, however, create some August goals. July was . . . meh. I started out strong but ugh, the typical every-3-months-viral-blast swept through our household and then nothing really went as planned. I totally failed at No S (honestly ate horribly last month -- maybe really last few months -- and I'm feeling it!). Avoiding phone use 6-8pm was a fail. I did continue to floss (mostly), meditated 19 times, and updated the planner Insta plenty.
1) Re-attempting No S. And healthier eating overall. For real this time. (Anyone want to do it with me? Seriously, I kind of want an accountability partner of some sort!)
2) Read every day. Even 10 minutes.
3) Take INTENTIONAL breaks. More walking / breathing / etc. Even listening to a song. Less scroll / check / etc.
4) Try for 10,000 steps / day
5) Meditate daily
6) Make evenings a time to focus on being present. Ie BE THERE. Do fun things. Do not waste time & zone out.
(Also: Watch Olympics! Totally counts.)
7) Get to know 2 new albums. (new discovery today: Tele Novella)
8) Skincare - do routine each night
9) Continue pushups / running (ramp up to 20 mpw) / barre 2x/week
10) Cook Sunday dinners at home
A copying my outfit.
(Also yes Orla madness here. Overkill I realize :) )