Day 4 = going strong.
Still no Facebook urges.
Still no cheating!
Still not really finding any spare swathes of time, but I have been pretty productive at work.
After reading that Laura did an interview with Manoush Zomorodi (can't wait to hear it!), I have decided that MZ NEEDS to have the Unplugged30 featured on her podcast, which is one of my absolute favorites. I am slightly podcast obsessed. I think it would be so much fun to be on one, and have even thought about recording one. Because clearly I have enough time and energy for that. Or not.
On that note . . .
Current podcast role call:
1) Note to Self - aforementioned podcast on the intersection of tech & life (with a decidedly feminine bent)
2) Happier - Gretchen Rubin & her sister waxing on about habits and happiness. Immensely popular, it seems.
3) All Songs Considered - has overtaken #4 as my favorite music podcast. Mostly mixes of new music and the occasional interview. I love the mixes. Current find from the last episode: AURORA
4) Sound Opinions - still love this music review podcast; I have been listening forever
5) Serial because obviously. Though this season isn't grabbing me quite so tightly as the mysterious (and still unsolved) case of Adnan Syed.
6 & 7) Marathon Training Academy & Another Mother Runner. My running podcasts. Generally only listened to while running, how meta.
8) Eliza Starting At 16. Yes, I am listening to Gretchen Rubin's daughter's podcast. It makes me feel SUPER old but feels like good prep for 10 years from now . . .
9) Planet Money. I actually might like this more than Freakonomics now (though I still like both). Oddly compelling for someone with no financial knowledge or business sense.
10) Pop Culture Happy Hour. Book, movie, TV, etc reviews. I don't listen to every episode but somehow this often feels like the right choice for my Friday afternoon drives home.
I generally listen in the car. I need to be careful not to completely crowd out music, because I really love just blasting music and relaxing (and maybe singing). But oh, how I love podcasts for my commute!