I guess there's just something about the years going by that triggers a rush of sentimentality and gratitude. Usually delivered in some kind of list format.
So uh . . . why mess with tradition?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1) I feel old. Well, a little old. But at the same time, I don't find this nearly as scary or negative as it might have seemed from my 20s.
2) I still lack any sort of skincare routine. Maybe I should get on that.
3) I believe have grown up more in the past 5 years than . . .well, ever. Thank you, A&C. I love you both so much. You two are the most amazing gift.
my 2 gifts playing together this evening
4) Josh, you are also amazing. Hoping we will get to celebrate at least 65 more birthdays together. (Statistically unlikely, but . . . you never know!)
Taken on our weekend away in Islamorada last Saturday.
It was seriously a perfect getaway.
5) I don't think I've ever had a birthday before where I don't actually want anything, really. I mean, I wouldn't say no to some shopping eventually, but I have nothing that I'm actively coveting of the material sort. Chalk this up to a mixture of (sorta) minimalism and preoccupation with other things (see #3).
6) As a Big Birthday, #35 definitely sent me on a tailspin of thinking about goals and aspirations and just generally what I want out of life. Laura's book (she graciously sent a preview copy!) came at a great time. (Will post a full review later, I promise.)