I often dread the weekends where I am alone with both kids, but this one was great.
* workouts both days -- barre at flybarre on Saturday (I had a babysitter come) and a run with the double Bob this AM. Essential.
* social activities both days, especially today (lovely playdate at our house)
* decent weather (it wasn't gorgeous, but we weren't stuck inside due to rain)
* I just sort of slowed down and didn't stress about things
* I tried to just relax and enjoy alone time instead of wishing Josh were off/here
* I didn't stress about the house getting all messy (which it did). It took 31 minutes to clean everything up this evening, during which Annabel watched 1.5 episodes of Daniel Tiger and I listened to a podcast on headphones (C was asleep). I often find myself fretting about the accumulating mess when it is really not as big a deal as it seems, and honestly thinking about it when both kids are up is just a waste of time because you cannot clean and safely supervise A&C. At least, I can't.
I actually really enjoyed the time with both kids. There were only a few brief frustrating moments. I am still ready to transition to my 'work' role tomorrow (I always am by Monday) BUT I am also going to be in mild muum withdrawal.
I have more to say -- I always have more to say! -- but I think I will go up and read for a bit since the clock says it's 9:11 pm and my body says it's 8:11 pm. Of note, despite the time change both kids went to bed easily and on time because they had lots of outside time and I kind of manipulated the naps (A skipped hers -- which she often does on weekends - and C only took one). We'll see how that works out . . .
Annabel's year-old pic in the camp brochure!
(She's actually going to a different camp this summer but this was so fun to get in the mail!)
Reading @ A's school on Thursday
(I had the day off! I actually did not use my day very well but this part was lovely)
Closeup of the princess
A happy moment in swim class
(Not every moment is like this . . .)
Mr. C's haircut
The lips . . .that look . . . just love it
Our playdate. That's right: TWO ELSAS.
It was a match made in heaven.