For one, I am happy to be able to say that I didn't stress over how C was being fed and it was incredibly refreshing. I think maybe, maybe, MAYBE I'm finally getting over the whole pumping/exclusive MBM thing. I'm pretty sure he's thriving. And that he loves me. And that's really the whole point, right?! Even the arbitrary 6 month deadline can't mean much at this point for health outcomes -- I'm sure he'll get the same benefits if the freezer stash runs out at 5.8 months. I mean, REALLY.
select weekend highlights:
1. Watching Pitch Perfect with Josh (home, on demand). I had never seen it despite being very involved in the a cappella scene in college (Ephlats, yeah!).
2. Lots of pool time for Annabel, who is actually getting sort of close to actually . . . swimming. She's definitely not water-safe yet but is really comfortable under water and definitely gets the concept.
3. Cameron started babbling with consonants (da, da, da, DA!) JUST this evening. I keep forgetting how FAST little babies change. And that he's already really not that little anymore . . .
4. Viewing Mary Poppins with Annabel (half last night, half tonight). I loooooved that movie growing up and it's so cool to see her enjoy it too.
5. Running both days -- 3 w/ the family yesterday and 4 miles on the treadmill today in the afternoon. Lots of steps on the FitBit, which I am still having fun with.
6. Dinner out (w/ both kids) at Burgers & Beer. I shared the bison/bleu cheese burger with tomato jam with Annabel. Plus sweet potato fries! Both of us were happy.
7. Just having Josh home and in full dad-mode all weekend. From this morning:
(He likes to draw cartoons for Annabel to color in, and apparently both find the process scintillating)
Oh! And I finally did this . . . and then Shutterfly ate it. At least I copied the preview so it will be easy to reconstruct:
6 months isn't too late . . . right?
I feel lucky tonight.