1. Pump status: Yes, still doing it. Demand is exceeding supply by a few ounces most days. The freezer stash still exists, though it is a mere shadow of its former self. I actually bought some formula to have on hand, and I have to admit -- just having that convenient can o' powder around feels oddly liberating. But for now it's all breastfeeding/pumped milk PLUS food (he's loving the baby oatmeal now!). I'd love to make it to 6 months (August 20th) before supplementing with formula, but I realize (and accept) that it's completely arbitrary.
Right now I do 4 pumps/day: 3 at work (once on arrival, once at lunchtime, and once at 3 pm) and 1 at around 9 pm. (i.e.: right now as I type this.)
2. Workouts: This week I've attempted to switch to nights -- and so far it's going well, though all I've done is a 3 mile treadmill run (Monday evening) and an online barre3 workout (tonight). I still feel horribly out of shape, and rather sick of it. Patience is not and has never been my forte.
3. Sleep: Laura's post was timely for me, because lately I've been wondering how many hours I truly need to sleep. I tend to get anywhere from 6.75 - 8 throughout the week, and after a couple of shorter nights I definitely crave an 8+-hour catchup. However, I don't necessarily think I need 8 every night.
C still hasn't hit a consistent stride with his sleep yet, but I do think things are gradually improving. Two night ago he woke up at midnight and 5:30 am to eat, and last night it was just 3:30 am and 6:30.
4. Work: Work is good. Especially now that I am off of call (for the next 2 weeks, anyway!). I actually like my job to the extent that I wish I had more time to devote to it -- but I don't. This could be its own entire post, so I'll write more about it another day.
Other things to write about in another post . . .
* Current eating habits (mostly lame/things that need to improve)
* Fashion post on my Boden haul
* Planning our first real vacation since moving here (our trip to PHL was really fun but was only 2.5 days so I'm not counting it!)
* Breaking free from technology (sometimes)
* Updated D-I-T-L (day in the life . . .)
I also think I might record a vlog for the first time ever!
QUESTIONS for you . . .
a) If I did record a video entry, any questions you'd like me to address?
b) Anyone have a fitbit or Jawbone device (I know Ana and Laura do)? Do you like it/use it? Is it accurate? Fun? Annoying? Obsession-provoking? I kind of want it for the sleep tracker and to see exactly how hideously sedentary I am all day.