so yes, yesterday was my birthday.
It was an extra busy regular work day, so until the evening I wasn't in much of a celebratory mood. But we still had a nice time with cupcakes and candles and a balloon. G -- our amazing nanny -- orchestrated all of that, and Josh managed to get home on time and got me a cute and sweet birthday present.
SO, now I'm 34. Certainly no longer an ingenue. Not a trainee. Not even a "new mom". . . sadly, I feel like that card needs to be retired when you have more than one. I guess I'll just have to accept that life is a continual learning process! Because I still feel like I have so much more to figure out.
1) I think I mentioned that I'm tired. It's true. I am (#*&# tired. 6 hours of interrupted sleep just isn't going to cut it for me, end of story. I have a perpetual headache, I'm in a testy mood, and I just can't function well on this amount of sleep. Something is going to have to change, and I need to figure out what that is.
2) I am officially behind at work on charting, and I HATE that. My pumping sessions take up about 1-1.5 hours total out of my work day. Though I am compensating by taking very little other down time (super quick lunch, starting work the second I walk in, etc), I'm having trouble keeping up. A busy call week last week didn't help.
I think I need to get better about doing almost all of the patient notes IN the room if I'm going to survive. Right now I do a skeletal note, but I'm inconsistent. But I have to do something to prevent the documentation pileup that I have right now! I'm planning to attack it this weekend (I'm on call and will have some relatively uninterrupted time) because my brain is too mushy to do anything right now. See point #1.
3) I feel so frumpy. To be completely honest, my breastfeeding body is just not one I feel very comfortable in. I sort of remember everything reverting back to normal(ish) at around 6-7 months last time so I'm trying to be patient, but my overall degree of fluffiness is annoying me. I want to upgrade my wardrobe to help with this, but a) I find shopping for said body completely not fun and b) I don't want to buy a bunch of things that will end up fitting poorly in a few months.
I have to laugh at this whole project 333 business (3 months, 33 items). I don't think I even HAVE 33 items to list right now.
4) C turned 3 months yesterday! I went back and read my blog post about Annabel at 3 months, and realized that my babies are eerily similar. C is male, chunkier and perhaps a little more easygoing, but otherwise everything is pretty much the same.
5) Music I am currently loving: San Fermin, St. Vincent, Real Estate, Warpaint.