sorry! i actually don't get to find out until this afternoon! so i will take these last moments of uncertainty and revel in them a little bit this morning. i actually really [REALLY] have no preference. i think that deep down, i wanted annabel to be a girl, but this time -- no. i am 100% open and excited about either possibility; as cliché as it sounds, i only want them to be healthy! and, as i am impatient and do NOT do well with waiting -- i am dyyyyyyyyying to find out.
everyone keeps asking me if i have any guesses, which is pretty much ridiculous because -- well, if pregnant women could tell what they were having, we'd know all about it by now [and i'm sure there'd be an algorithm and an app to run through it.]
but, despite the fact that this pregnancy has been a carbon copy of #1, i sort of think it's a boy.
[for the record, i also thought that about annabel.]
pic #2 in the bathroom series. at least i'm consistent.
my parents are here this week, which is why i haven't posted in a few days. that, and i have a nasty annabel-derived cold. somehow, i stayed completely germ-free throughout my gestation with her, but obviously with a toddler at home i wasn't going to be able to re-experience that miracle. so:
-- no running
-- not enough sleep
-- but a lot of good family time.
it's been a positive week overall, despite the fatigue and congestion.
1) i almost bought the new iPhone today (5s, silver) but couldn't pull the trigger. really, my 4s works fine. i'm sure i'll succumb eventually but am proud of my restraint -- at least for now.
2) current music excitement: the new arcade fire album comes out in october! so far, i like their new single release ["reflektor"].
"The signals we send
Are deflected again
We're still connected
But are we even friends?"
other artists i am currently loving:
-- pure bathing culture
-- sleigh bells [for running]
-- CHVRCHES [full length album coming out!]
-- washed out
3) i have glucose tolerance test #1 today in addition to my ultrasound -- they're doing it early since i failed #1 the last time. i'm a little nervous. wish me luck.
4) i think my maternity wardrobe is complete. crossing my fingers i am not stuck at week 33 with nothing that fits. [didn't happen last time, but i was lucky enough to have no swelling and a smallish baby!]
5) i have a completely ridiculous and impulsive hankering for a field notes subscription. i think i can resist, but it's going to be tough.
back sometime soon with a more informative update!