i know this is incredibly boring to read, but in summary: it was a very rough week.
2) on the tails of a rough week, i will say that today i have this sort of warm and fuzzy feeling, like -- "oh yeah -- THIS is how life usually is." i feel more content than usual and am honestly excited just to breathe through my nose again -- even both nostrils at once!
i also feel like i need -- NEED -- to practice better self-care. prior to this illness i had not been eating well, getting enough rest, or managing stress in an effective manner. i'm sure that i would have gotten sick no matter what [day care germs are VICIOUS], but perhaps it wouldn't have been such a marathon.
just enjoying being outside this AM w/ a
3) that said, i am incredibly behind on . . . like, everything. it was NOT a good time to miss work. tonight it's nose-to-grindstone, though, and i am going to catch up as best i can.
4) my plans last week to NOT grocery shop, meal plan, cook from recipes, or do the laundry on the weekend? yeah, that didn't work out so well. i realize that having the plague for a week probably derailed the experiment, but even so -- i really hated NOT having a stocked fridge and closet. so, it's back to the usual routine this weekend.
oh, and eating lunch in the hospital cafeteria was awful, too. i thought i could handle it for a month, but no. the salad bar is the only thing i can tolerate -- just barely -- and that has already gotten old. therefore, it's back to packing, even though i really don't like having to do it. [once i'm back in lab, though, i'm fine with eating at their caf -- it's definitely better quality food.]
6) josh ran a race yesterday! i was unable to participate in my somewhat debilitated state, but did decide to bring a. and spectate at the last moment. as it turns out, watching a 5K is pretty fun -- it's over so quickly, and annabel enjoys the finish line excitement. josh hadn't really trained but still ran it faster than my PR 3 years ago. ahh, to have talent. and a Y chromosome.
7) it's a frustrating reality, but josh and i both really can't miss much more work. i think we are going to look into a backup care plan to help cover us
8) i just got back from a trip from the mall that was modestly successful. the bounty: one pair of cute mint green cropped pants [with a cool navy band at the top] for work, and a light airy sweater with a weave of beautiful rainbow stripes that i just couldn't resist. but i still need more work pants and practical tops. my work wardrobe is just . . . lacking. terribly. i tried on j. crew's cafe capris but they looked silly on me. although i might attempt to order them in petite to see if that changes things.