fellow TTC-er nico tagged me with a fat and juicy meme that i had been saving for a morning when i just couldn't think of anything specific i wanted to write about.
who knew that day would come so soon?
the flexible quiz rules:
rule #1: the tagged person must write their answers on their blog and replace any question they dislike with a new question formulated by themselves.1. name 3 things you are looking forward to.
rule #2: tag 4 people to do this quiz; they cannot refuse (ok, so nothing bad will happen if you don’t participate but I would love to see your answers). The tag-ee must state who tagged them.
power/yin yoga tonight at blue point; spring weather; boston trip to visit aimee/emily/vickie/azusa!
2. if you could have a dream come true, what would it be?
to some degree, i feel like my dreams are already coming true! i have a great job, a wonderful husband, and a pretty sweet shoe collection. but as you would all probably guess, my current dream revolves around starting a family.
3. what would you do with a billion dollars?
well, this could be a whole post in itself! i would travel [a lot] and take family/friends on trips. i would donate a lot and start some sort of foundation to benefit kids. i would buy many orla bags. and i think i would still work in pediatric endocrinology -- part time!
4. what helps to pull you out of a bad mood?
a run; talking with others; josh; a good night's sleep
5. what is your bedtime routine?
hmm, interesting! i've written about my morning routine a whole bunch, but evenings vary quite a bit! last night went something like this:
✔ 6:30 pm: arrive home, put stuff away, check/respond to emails (i know)
✔ 7:00 pm: yoga [20 minute flow via baron baptiste bootcamp box]
✔ 7:30 pm: read a philosopher's note [yesterday's pick: the analects of confucius!
✔ 7:50 pm: prep dinner
✔ 8:20 pm: eat dinner & clean up
✔ 9:10 pm: 5 minute meditation/some writing in that cute notebook from yesterday [details below, since a few of you asked!]
✔ 9:30 pm: pre-bed stuff
✔ 10:00 pm: sleep!
6. if you are currently in a relationship, how did you meet your significant other?
according to josh, we met for the first time at duke med's preview weekend [april, 2002]. unfortunately, i have no recollection of this meeting. so to ME, we met on the orientation campout [august 2002]. we hiked up mount mitchell and i shared my pb & j with him! the rest is history . . .
7. what kind of books do you read?
well, you already know my answer to this one! the last 5 i have read are:
✰ journey into power by baron baptiste
✰ south of the border, west of the sun by haruki murakami
✰ battle hymn of the tiger mother by amy chua
✰ sputnik sweetheart by haruki murakami
✰ the nest home guide by carley roney
8. how do you see yourself in 10 years?
living in miami beach with josh and 2-3 children, working in pediatric endocrinology part-time, writing part-time, and very happy.
9. what’s your fear?
i am irrationally and deathly afraid of lightning. after driving home in a storm, i am always surprised that i am still alive.
10. would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to see outer space?
i have little desire to see outer space and i really like TCBY. so, no.
11. what’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
same as nico: take my temperature.
12. if you could change one thing about your significant other, what would it be?
sometimes i wish i could just change his JOB to make it a little less grueling/all-consuming/hard!
13. if you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?
when i was little, i wanted to be melissa. or marissa. or electra! today i am happy with sarah H-U!
14. if you had to choose between six months of sun or six months of rain, what would you choose?
rain, duh. [just kidding.]
15. if you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be?
ezekiel english muffin with strawberries, sunflower seed butter, and coffee.
16. what is the thing you enjoy about blogging the most?
♥ the calming daily ritual of it all.
♥ the record i now have of my life, and the ability to look back
♥ the perspective it gives me
♥ the way it gets me ready for the day.
♥ interacting with you all!
17. do you prefer salty or sweet foods?
that's like asking me to choose between my [currently not-yet-conceived] two beautiful children! after all, wouldn't my beloved sunflower seed butter above count as BOTH?! but i guess i'd have to go with salty.
18. what items are in your purse right now?
lots of stuff! well, that's my work bag, anyway. my actual 'purse' is very minimal and usually i just throw in wallet, keys, phone, pager, and shopping list!
19. if you had to choose between vacationing at the beach or in the mountains where would you go?
beach! and i want to go soon.
20. what do you watch on television that you know you shouldn’t?
grey's infuriates me! [the last episode featured a stat islet cell transplant for a hypoglycemic coma. THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE!] and yet i continue to watch anyway . . .
four diverse blogs i am tagging:
■ medical: kari at my peanut butter's tachy
■ TTC: [well, not any more!] AP at my dusty uterus
■ organization: caribbean princess at musings of a caribbean princess
■ food: caroline at the broccoli hut
two additional notes
1. after some digging, i found the cute little clairefontaine notebook in yesterday's post for sale here! it has 8 tabbed sections with 4 different colored pages. i heart it.
2. send my your lists! #2 will be posted thursday.
workout: AM --> 20 minutes elliptical + 25 minutes weights (NROL4W phase 1)
PM --> 20 minute yoga flow
CL's tuna & white bean salad became salmon and black bean salad.
we both thought it was reminiscent of a nicoise [but it was definitely easier!]. josh was obsessed with this meal for some reason and asked if we could 'make it a standard.' i don't repeat meals very often but i'll have to remember to keep this option handy!