Tuesday, September 09, 2008
these blog/email surveys remind me of the chain letters that used to come (actual letters, with stamps and everything) warning of imminent BADNESS if the letter was not copied and sent on to 10 friends (soon to be frenemies) within a designated timespan. i don't know who used to send me those (mean kids with postal service stock?), but i was always nervous to throw them out. i don't remember if i actually mailed them or not, but i do remember dutifully copying such letters by hand. i guess kids probably don't do that anymore, right? they probably don't write cursive either. not that fancy Qs are really that much of a loss.
anyway, i'm post-call if you couldn't tell from the unfocused mess written thus far, and so in lieu of an actual entry i will just post my response to the blog chain-letter my sister sent me today.
TAG - YOU'RE IT! If you opened it, you have to do it! (have to, huh? why so threatening? does it really seem like i need to be coerced??)
Two names you go by:
Two things you are wearing right now:
1. fords cheerleader t-shirt, circa 1994 (what? it's still awesome.)
2. pink pajama pants from target
Two things you want very badly at the moment:
1. nothing, really
2. i'm pretty content once i'm in my bed post-call
3. plus i'm apathetic
4. plus i can't count
Two people who will most likely (or may possibly) send this back/post this:
1. probably no one
2. but anyone who wants to, feel free!
Two things you did last night:
1. ordered some miralax for a patient, STAT!
2. held my co-residents' (yes, 2 of them!) beautiful new baby
Two things you ate yesterday:
1. leftover salmon-orzo salad
2. mix of pretzels, raisins, and nuts (midnight call fuel!)
Two people you last spoke to:
1. the intern on my team
2. the sub-intern on my team (i almost stole her pager accidentally. i should NOT be trusted post-call).
Two things you're doing tomorrow:
2. cross-training after work (elliptical or cycling, depending on timing and my mood)
Two longest car rides:
1. durham to miami (UGH florida is WAY too long of a state to think about driving through)
2. williamstown to emerald isle (oh, the memories!)
Two favorite beverages:
is this really the end? i wanted something dramatic and soul-searching, like:
Two meanings of life:
obviously it is time for a nap. call was good. more tomorrow!