seriously. and i appreciate them so much more when i am reminded how much life sucks when they are GONE. josh had his first day off in 21 days yesterday. i think that's supposed to be illegal or something.
anyway. the day in pictures:
racing to the finish!
at the NC zoo in asheboro
subordinate resident babboon picking bugs out of the attending babboon's tail
those guys were my favorite.
i ran a 23:32, which i was okay with, even though it is 10 seconds slower than my 5k PR (personal record, for those who are not total running nerds). my splits were:
mile 1: 7:45
mile 2: 7:30
mile 3: 7:27
0.1: 44 seconds.
i knew i was having too pleasant of a time during that first mile, but whatever. the best part is that because the race was nice and intimate, i actually won 3rd in my age group! my first running award. and maybe the last, but i hope not.
and finally, a list of all the especially-awesome things i ate yesterday
* half of a panera turkey-artichoke panini with their harvest salad (figs, pecans, gorgonzola, greens, pears = delicious)
* soft-serve ice cream with SPRINKLES
* pizza with eggplant, tomato, and ricotta
* 2 glasses of really fabulous champagne
life is sweet. i thought i was supposed to be suffering. don't tell the ACGME.*
* governing body of residencies across the USA